We are a well established care organization that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff is available. To ensure this they offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
Reporting to the Head Chef: To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 – 1&2 or equivalent
- Ability to plan and prepare meals which are in keeping with special dietary requirements
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
- Experience of food preparation
- Ability to cater to various dietary requirements