To plan and implement activities appropriate to Clients’ needs and requests. To assist Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events / activities for Clients in all Client categories
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Friendly, creative and confident
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Client group
- Qualification in remedial / occupational therapies
- Flexible approach towards working routines
- Help Clients to socialise within the Care Centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage Clients to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Centre's activities.
- Accompany Clients, where possible, to off-site activities, which may occasionally take place outwith normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Clients within the Care Centre.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the Named Carer to review and update Client Care Files.
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff Members.
- Report any changes in Clients' physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager or Person in Charge.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Clients who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- Arrange / participate in Staff and Client meetings, as and when required.
Human Resources (HR):
- Assist the Home Manager when interviewing relevant Volunteers and assistant Staff Members, and supervise their work, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Actively market the Care Centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
Training & Development:
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to work, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.