£8.00 per hour + Company Benefits
We are looking for an Activities Coordinator to join our team at Abercorn House Care Home based in Hamilton. This is a Full Time position working 40 hours per week - 5 days over 7 to include evenings and weekends.
Abercorn Care Home specialises in the care of older people and people with dementia. We provide a person-centred approach and place people at the heart of their care programme. Located near Hamilton, this purpose-built care home provides a supportive, friendly and welcoming environment; we support people in maintaining their independence, choice and control over their lives.
- Prepare and implement a schedule of activities and tasks for the individuals
- Provide activities that are tailored to the needs and abilities of the individual, while also providing group activities that will bring the individuals together
- Provide activities that the individuals will enjoy and also expand their range of experiences and skills
- Provide opportunities for mental and physical stimulation
- Arrange transport and accommodation for individuals outings where necessary
- Liaise with external suppliers in order to provide entertainment and activities, for example, singers,bands, community access groups etc
- Provide assistance and support for individuals in attending classes and groups and ensure that all necessary materials are available for activities
- Support the Service Manager and service through attendance at marketing events, e.g. open days, fairs, sports days etc
- 28 days annual leave inc BH (pro rata)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of PVG Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A genuine desire to work with older people who are frail and elderly and who may also have a diagnosis of Dementia
- Able to engage with people to support them in meeting their choices for meaningful activity and to support staff in the delivery of activities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Be able to think outside the box!
Our positions are subject to PVG disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.