Hourly Rates up to £8.50 + Company Benefits
We currently have an opportunity for an Activities Coordinator to join our team at Lake & Orchard Care Centre based in Kelfield. This is a Full Time post working 40 hours per week.
Lake & Orchard Care Centre provides care and support for older people requiring EMI nursing and EMI residential care.
- To provide activities that the individuals will enjoy and also expand their range of experiences and skills
- To provide opportunities for mental and physical stimulation
- Discuss with individuals what activities they would like to do
- To provide activities that are tailored to the needs and abilities of the individual, while also providing group activities that will bring the individuals together
- Prepare and implement a schedule of activities and tasks for the individuals
- Arrange transport and accommodation for individuals outings where necessary
- Find the balance between arranging activities that the individuals like doing and activities that will expose the individuals to new experiences
- Liaise with external suppliers in order to provide entertainment and activities, for example, singers,bands, community access groups etc
- Provide assistance and support for individuals in attending classes and groups and ensure that all necessary materials are available for activities
- Support the Service Manager and service through attendance at marketing events, e.g. open days, fairs, sports days etc
- To ensure the safety of the individuals at all times whilst enabling people who use our service to undertake activities of their choice
- Complete risk assessments in order to manage the risks enabling the people who use our service to undertake activities of their choice
- Adhere to all Embrace policies and procedures, including compliance with Health and Safety, Security regulations
- Keep up-to-date with any changes to policies, procedures or regulations that affect the service
- Take responsibility for your own personal development and attendance at training both mandatory and service specific
- 28 days annual leave inc BH (pro rata)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of various arts & crafts
- Willingness to complete training
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.