JOB TITLE: Activities Co-ordinator
MAIN PURPOSE: To plan and implement activities appropriate to Residents’ needs and requests. To assist Home/Care Centre Manager to organise fundraising events.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Home/Care Centre Manager
- Help Residents to socialise within the Home/Care Centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage Residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies
- To encourage outdoor activities in suitable weather
- To arrange trips out of the Home
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- To assist serving morning coffee and afternoon tea if required.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the organisation and implementation of the Home/Care Centre's activities.
- Accompany Residents, where possible, to off site activities, which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- To set up and open a shop at an efficient level
- Provide a yearly calendar of events, which will take into account events such as, Easter, Burns Night, and Halloween etc.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Actively market the Home/Care Centre, publicise events and activities and produce written record of all activities and attendance
Promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Home/Care Centre at all times
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
- Report any changes in Residents' physical or emotional condition to the Home/Care Centre Manager or Person in Charge.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home/Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
This list is not exhaustive and only outlines main duties; the Home Manager/ General Manager may request other reasonable duties.