Activities Organiser - FT
We're looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic professional; someone who can create and deliver an engaging activities and volunteer programme for our residents.
As an Activities Organiser you will develop a programme of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centered experiences all of which will promote independence, choice and dignity for our residents You will to get to know our residents, their interests and life stories, so you can deliver events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they feel connected with their community
A good knowledge base of community resources is required. Experience of working with seniors would be an advantage, but an outgoing personality with good communication and organisational skills are vital.
- One year experience preferred in long term care and/or assisted living or experience/exposure to the senior population
- Experience preferred in volunteer recruitment, coordination and training
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and facilitate small group presentations
- Ability to lead and motivate people to become involved in social events and various activities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and plan
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
What we do is vitally important: caring for people, providing beautiful, safe and comfortable homes for them to live in and supporting them in their future lives. We encourage our residents to retain their independence wherever possible and our homes are a vital, thriving part of the local community.
Working with Gracewell means that you will have an important role to play, with particular responsibilities and duties. You'll be part of a great team of dedicated people who have chosen to work with us because they love what they do and believe they can make a real and positive difference to the lives of our residents.
We recognise that it is the small details and personal attention that makes all the difference; knowing that each resident in our care has special interests, that their life story is unique and often incredible, and that we can help them to continue to cherish their family, friends and important memories.
At Gracewell Healthcare we offer our employees a competitive salary and benefit package, a Gracewell uniform and a comprehensive induction programme.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday
- Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care & many more
- Study Support