Agency Support Worker / HCA
Location: Southampton and surrounding areas
Hours: Full and Part time (must be flexible)
Starting salary: £7.20 - £7.50 per hour starting rate
I am currently working with homes in the Southampton area that are looking for full and part time support workers to work on an agency basis. All the homes we work with offer a high standard of support to people of all ages and with a variety of needs - Such as Dementia, Mental Health, Learning disabilities, brain injuries etc.
As an agency Support Worker you will have the advantage of working hours that suit you and the flexibility of when and where you would like to work. You will also have the opportunity to develop your career within the care sector.
- To provide personal care and support to clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- To know and understand the care and support of the client
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the client's care and support plan
- To provide input into the care and support plans of clients by regularly feeding back to the Care Supervisor
- To assist clients getting up in the morning and going to bed at night
- To assist clients to washing, dressing and personal hygiene
- You will need to have a flexible approach to shift work including weekends.
- An NVQ2 in care or equivalent.
- A full driving license and the ability to drive would be an advantage.