We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Anaesthetic Practitioners to join the team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre.
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
Key duties will be:
• Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic technique and procedures
• Working as a skilled member of the theatre team, and being responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Having an understanding of scrub and circulating roles and to understand the responsibilities in these roles
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent relevant experience
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology,Urology and ENT surgical procedures
• Recovery experience
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 183/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
• NMC Registered Nurse
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.