We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Chef to join us at our well established residential care home in Weymouth - Buxton House
- This is a part-time 27 hours per week role including alternate weekends
- Salary - £7.83 per hour plus bank holiday pay enhancements
- Excellent training and a supportive working environment
This is a brilliant opportunity to progress your catering career and gain experience with one of the best respected care organisations in the South. We take the development of our staff seriously and provide excellent training and other development opportunities.
You'll help our Chef provide our residents with a nutritious and varied diet.
Key skills for this role:-
- Preparing and cooking meals to the standards set out in the company catering policy
- Supporting and supervising Kitchen Assistants in their day to day work
- Assisting the Chef in planning menus and consulting residents / day care clients to ensure that individual dietary needs and preferences are met
- Preparing and cooking meals on wheels as appropriate
- Deputising for the Chef when necessary: assuming responsibility for ordering, checking in and controlling supplies
In return we offer:-
- Competitive rates of pay
- Excellent induction programme and an on-going commitment to your training and development (opportunity to obtain various qualifications such as Diploma in H&SC Level 2 following successful completion of probation period)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details, or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Janine May, Home Manager, on 01305 760834.
About Care South
We know that it's the care that counts, of our employees as well as our customers. And it's this that helps make us one of the leading providers of home and residential care across the south of England. We employ over 1500 people in over 20 residential homes and home care locations. Our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, how we treat our colleagues, and the services that we provide every day to our service users.