Band 5 Registered General Nurse
(Nurse, Registered General Nurse, Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, Ward Nurse, RGN, RN, Thanet, Margate, Kent, Nursing Home)
Bond Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Registered General Nurse to join an award winning nursing home group in Thanet.
The 40 bedded nursing home is situated within the beautiful town of Margate and provides 24 hour care for the elderly.
Responsibilities of the Registered General Nurse
- Write patient care plans and implement plans through tasks such as preparing patients for operations, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature.
- Observe and record the condition of patients.
- Check and administer drugs and injections.
- Set up drips and blood transfusions.
- Assist with tests and evaluations.
- Plan discharges from hospital and liaising with GPs and social workers.
- Communicate with and relieve the anxiety of patients and their relatives.
- Educate patients about their health.
- Maintain patient records.
- Make ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
Requirements of the Registered General Nurse
- Must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Thorough understanding of contemporary nursing issues
- Fully aware of all health care legislation
- Clean track record and show ambition with a desire to continually develop and learn.
Salary & Benefits
- £14 - £16 p/h
- Career Training and Progression
To be considered please forward a CV on the link below or contact Kieran on 0207 458 4430.