Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands; we are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Staff Nurse to join their Elderly Mental Health Team.
This post is also open to enthusiastic graduate RMN's who are able to demonstrate experience in Elderly Mental Health during nurse training, and a genuine interest in developing into this sector further.
Please note: Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but applied their own salary scale, as above.
Combined with the lower tax rate and no VAT, this equates to a salary of over one band higher than UK Band 5.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital. Our client delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients with mental health care needs in the hospital complex, and supporting people to live full lives in the wider community.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with valid NMC Registration.
- A minimum of one year's post-graduate Mental Health experience; this post is also open to enthusiastic graduate RMN's who are able to demonstrate experience in Elderly Mental Health during nurse training, and a genuine interest in developing into this sector further.
- Be working towards, or to show willingness to undertake further education.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A competitive salary, plus £1,000 bonus after one year in post, and a further £3,000 upon completion of two year’s service.
- A relocation package or single subsidised accommodation can be provided.
- A continental atmosphere where the people are friendly and tax rates are considerably lower than the UK average.
Medic International is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Mental Health staff. As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Mental Health Nurse role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.