Our mission is to deliver world class care and expertise in our clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research and we will continue to measure our progress against our five governing objectives: excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organisation.
As part of the application process you will be asked to answer number of questions regarding World Class Care Values. In order to watch a video with the values, please visit our trust's website.
The Trust is delighted to offer the opportunity to come and join our department at an exciting time. We need an experienced, highly motivated individual who can work with our team to deliver high quality patient care and effective education and development to nursing staff. You will be in a position to influence and affect Emergency Care as we continue to develop our pathways of care.
We pride ourselves in providing education and training to all staff within the Emergency Department and run accredited Foundations of Emergency Care and Advanced Emergency Care courses, of which you will be heavily involved in the delivering and running of. We are currently developing the role of Advanced Nurse Practitioners and are supporting 2 of our current Senior Nurses to undertake the Advanced Nurse Practitioner course at Masters Level.
The post holder will be fully supported by the Practice Development Nurse, two ED Matrons and a Head of Nursing, all of whom are responsible for leading the ED Teams. Our Emergency Department sees over 110,000 patients a year, and has an integrated Paediatric Emergency Department and an Urgent Care Centre.
The post holder would be expected to work clinically as part of the role and therefore must have experience of nursing in an acute setting. Please see person specification for further details of required experience and qualifications prior to applying.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Gareth Foster Practice Development Nurse ( Phone number removed )
Loraine Chowdry Matron Emergency Department ( Phone number removed )
1. Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
2. Due to the high volumes of applications we receive for certain posts, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
3. Our Job Descriptions and Person Specifications outline both the details of the roles we are seeking to fill, together with the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required. Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the Person Specification will be shortlisted for this post.
4. Do not delete the job from your account until you are certain you have not been shortlisted as this will prevent you from accessing any messages or important documents you may need to download. As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
5. Please provide email addresses for your referees where possible.
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust uses identification scanning technology to confirm the authenticity of key documents such as Passports, Driving Licences etc. It is a condition of appointment that all prospective employees of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust have their original documents verified using this technology.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.