Our mission is to deliver world class care and expertise in our clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research and we will continue to measure our progress against our five governing objectives: excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organisation.
As part of the application process you will be asked to answer number of questions regarding World Class Care Values. In order to watch a video with the values, please visit our trust's website.
Band 6 Clinical Research Nurse
Fixed Term/Secondment - 1 year
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well organised nurse to gain experience of oncology research while continuing to work in a hands on clinical environment.
This post has been created to support important commercially funded clinical trials across oncology. Strong communication and organisational skills are essential and a flexible working approach is a key element to this role.
Previous research experience is not essential, and applications are particularly welcomed from registered adult nurses with a background in clinical research, oncology or chemotherapy. You will be joining a supportive team of Band 6 and 7 nurses and clinical trial practitioners and data managers, overseen by a lead research nurse. The additional support of a clinical trials portfolio manager who is responsible for study set up ensures that the research nurses can focus on delivering patient care. Training and career development opportunities are available for the suitable candidate in this friendly and dynamic organisation which strives for excellence in delivering first class patient care.
This post is initially offered on a one year fixed term basis but may be extended. Informal visits or telephone inquiries are recommended before interviewing.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sara Hamilton, Lead Research Nurse ( Phone number removed ) x 37565
( Email address removed )
1. Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
2. Due to the high volumes of applications we receive for certain posts, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
3. Our Job Descriptions and Person Specifications outline both the details of the roles we are seeking to fill, together with the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required. Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the Person Specification will be shortlisted for this post.
4. Do not delete the job from your account until you are certain you have not been shortlisted as this will prevent you from accessing any messages or important documents you may need to download. As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
5. Please provide email addresses for your referees where possible.
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust uses identification scanning technology to confirm the authenticity of key documents such as Passports, Driving Licences etc. It is a condition of appointment that all prospective employees of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust have their original documents verified using this technology.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.