Bank Registered Mental Nurse
Partnerships in Care are one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals and care homes around the country, 30 years of experience and highly experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways, without the need for multiple reassessments.
Our Bank Registered Mental Nurse role involves:
- Providing quality nursing care of the highest standard to our client base
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualised Service User care within the multi-disciplinary team
- Leading the nursing team on a daily basis with support and guidance from the Care Home Manager/Senior RMN thus ensuring maintenance of our high standards of care
- Where appropriate, providing assistance with activities of daily living.
- Interacting in an appropriate way with Service Users, promoting individual living skills and undertaking day-to-day activities in order to progress the Service User’s agreed care and treatment programme
- Carrying out general observations of Service Users on a daily basis, raising any concerns you may have regarding a Service User’s physical or mental health
- Carrying out specific duties that contribute to the assessment of Service Users including the completion of clinical notes
- Assisting in individual and group therapy as appropriate
- Using skills and techniques gained during training to de-escalate situations where Service Users may become physically or verbally aggressive
- Contributing to the development of risk management plans for Service Users Escorting service users in the community both on foot and in company vehicles.
- Working across the organisation as required in order to meet the needs of the service in relation to skill and gender mix
- Adhering to risk management and care plans formulated to guide Service User care
- Remaining duty bound to report any concerns relating to a colleagues safe practice and any safeguarding issues and conduct in the Care Home environment that could negatively affect Service Users care
- Creating a balance between a therapeutic environment and an environment that focuses on safety and security both inside the Care Home and in the community
- Competently Assisting Service Users to access their medication and administer if necessary/required.
To be successful as Bank Registered Mental Nurse, you’ll need:
- Registered RMN
- Quality Management
- Clinical Effectiveness
- Direct Service User care and service delivery
- Building effective working relationships
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Competent in the Care Programme Approach
- Assessing clinical and non-clinical risk
- Communicating, negotiating and influencing with impact verbally and in writing
- Effective time management
- Ability to organise own and others workloads
All positions within Partnerships in Care (PiC) are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance PiC will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies.
PiC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully and ensure that you demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience required to carry out the role.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We aim to write to all applicants informing them of the outcome of their application, but if we have not contacted you after four weeks from the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.