We have a new opportunity for bank scrub practitioners to join the multidisciplinary team at our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
In addition, we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
Working as part of the theatre team, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre and PACU.
Key duties will include:
• Running theatre lists both efficiently and competently following procedure
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
• Assisting other members of the team in the preparation and cleaning of all theatre areas
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive relevant experience across different specialities e.g. Orthopaedics, General surgery, Opthalmics
• Recovery experience
• Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.