BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Huddersfield Hospital in Huddersfield has a vacancy for a Cardiac Phsiologist to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an 'as and when required' basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Degree in Clinical physiology or equivalent / ONC / BTEC in physiological measurement and medical physics.
• RCCP registration desirable.
• Non-invasive cardiology technical skills.
• Recognition of abnormalities during test procedures and the actions to be taken.
• Good organizational communication and interpersonal skills.
• Health and Safety Knowledge.
• Basic and advanced life support skills.
• Good communication skills.
Duties of this role include:
• Performing to the agreed department standards, all types of non-invasive tests offered by the cardiology technician.
• Practice technical and proficient protection and observe “local rules” and systems of work.
• Good patient care and understanding of patient needs and limitations.
• Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
• Following accurately the administration and registration procedures for patients and tests.
• Ensuring that tests are conducted with the minimum amount of risk.
• Advising the Manager of equipment faults and any legal and safety aspects that may come to your attention.
• Practice and observe all company, hospital and cardiology department policies and procedures. This includes health and safety, fire, COSHH, and Manual handling
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.