Are you a confident, committed, motivated, and flexible person, have a warm personality with a calming compassionate approach?
If so, Voyage Care have some fantastic opportunities for Full Time & Part Time Support Workers to play a key part in assisting the adults we support within our Supported Living Services.
Our support is delivered in ways that promote and empower the people we support to develop life skills that enable greater independence and personal choice. Having a person-centred approach with the ability to calmly manage challenging situations, demonstrating empathy with others and adapting easily to change.
Due to the physical and vulnerable nature of the people we support, and the need to support individuals safely, this role can be both physically and emotionally demanding. However we consider that the enormous rewards and satisfaction of supporting people to achieve their goals outweigh such demands. Experience of learning disabilities, autism, non-verbal communication and working with challenging behaviours is essential. You will also need to hold a full driving licence.
We provide a comprehensive mandatory and person specific training programme to all staff which supports their knowledge and development of essential skills to enable staff to fulfil their roles efficiently and effectively.
The shift rota pattern will include early mornings, evenings, weekends, sleep ins, nights and bank holidays.
Alongside this Voyage Care can offer:
- Up to 28 days annual leave pro rata
- Flexible working patterns as part of a shift rota
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Extensive Induction Programme and specialist Training
- Continuous Professional Development (Including QCF)
- Opportunities for overtime across all our services
- Voyage Care Rewards (Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers. Exclusively for Voyage Care employees.)
- V-Assure (a free,24hr, confidential helpline to help you with life's issues)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010