- Company: Standard Nursing Agency
- Base Pay: £0 - £18,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: Care Administrator
- Contact: Laura Zamant
- Phone: 0208 900 9519
Standard Nursing Agency is urgently seeking experienced Care administrator for Wembley Park to provide Intermediate Care administration. We require committed and dedicated people to be Responsible for the bookings and placement of care workers with service users living in their own home and updating the database of care worker placements. To act as the focus for all day to day planning issues and to liaise with the relevant local bodies and authorities in the development of a support network for the service users.
Care Administrator will have an understanding of and commitment to the principles of community care and will preferably have an experience in caring for vulnerable people living in their own homes. To be able to relate effectively with all the professionals involved in the care of people living in their own homes and be able to demonstrate initiative and tact and relate effectively with other agencies and the community at large
NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care
We are looking to recruit on a full-time basis up to 40Hrs per week and you will be expected to provide a high standard of care administrative in the office.
- Take telephone enquiries and act upon them when appropriate in a timely manner including, e-mail, online, fax and letter enquire related to the placement of agency workers
- Take on referrals from Local Authority and place allocated support workers with service users on a daily basis and in a timely manner. Record all placed referrals on the community care spreadsheet.
- Make contact with all care workers by telephone or text or email and check on their availability status on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all referrals are undertaken are fully resourced and confirmed back with the Local Authority and support worker in accordance with referral procedures. Ensure that no errors regarding the referrals are made.
- Along with the Senior Carer Liaise with the local authority care managers to ensure that they are kept informed of any changes to the service at all times. Build a professional relationship with the care managers to ensure that collaboration between the agency and local authority is maintained.
- Obtain daily records of care reports on a monthly basis for all service users. Discuss the contents of the care reports with the senior Carer and Managing Director if any shortcomings are identified about the Agency Worker's performance during the assignment report this to ensure that appropriate action is taken to remedy the shortcomings identified with both the service user and the Agency's senior professional development officer.
- Liaise with the compliance team to ensure that all support workers available to work are compliant and eligible to work. Support workers who are non-compliant must not be booked under any circumstances. All compliant support workers must be authorised by the Compliance Team.
- Execute professional responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards, Specifically, this includes the office standards, policies and procedures with integrity, morality and organisational responsibility with the best interest of the organisation in mind at all times.
- You will be required at times to undertake the 'on-call' during the week or weekends as and when necessary to meet the organisation needs.
If interested please contact Laura on 02089009519 or reply to this advert.