Care Assistant - New Home Opening
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to be part of the opening team at our Gracewell Home in Newbury?
Gracewell of Newbury on the London Road is a purpose built state of the art 66 bed home, due to open in the Autumn of 2016 and we will be looking for the team to join us in September.
we have part time, full time
A Care Assistant
within our Gracewell Homes is a 'hugely rewarding and satisfying job with no two days the same'
- and it's not just us saying that, it's what some of our most committed team members have said.
As Care Assistant
within Gracewell you will be working as part of a focused, and skilled team of fully supported staff who have our residents well being at the core of all they do. The Care Assistant
is responsible for providing the highest standards of person centred care to our resident's whilst maintaining dignity, respect and well being. You will contribute to reviewing the Individual Service Plan for each Resident and assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as required. Gracewell is committed to supporting and developing all Care Assistants with ongoing training & leadership across all areas.
As Care Assistant
you will help with transporting residents to appointments and activities outside of the Home, serve food in the dining room, complete dining room clean-up and tidy resident's rooms. You will also be trained on how to use Dementia Techniques to validate and recognise each individual resident within your role as Care Assistant
- Naturally compassionate with a caring disposition
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preferred but not essential
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Medication administration training and/or a willingness to undertake training if required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- At least 18 years of age
What we do is vitally important: caring for people, providing beautiful, safe and comfortable homes for them to live in and supporting them in their future lives. We encourage our residents to retain their independence wherever possible and our homes are a vital, thriving part of the local community.
Working with Gracewell means that you will have an important role to play, with particular responsibilities and duties. You'll be part of a great team of dedicated people who have chosen to work with us because they love what they do and believe they can make a real and positive difference to the lives of our residents.
We recognise that it is the small details and personal attention that makes all the difference; knowing that each resident in our care has special interests, that their life story is unique and often incredible, and that we can help them to continue to cherish their family, friends and important memories.
At Gracewell Healthcare we offer our employees a competitive salary and benefit package, a Gracewell uniform and a comprehensive induction programme prior to welcoming our residents to their new home in the Autumn.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday (Pro Rata)
- Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care & many more
- Study Support
- DBS application paid for by the company