If you enjoy helping people and want to make a positive difference to their lives, this job could just be what you are looking for!
Care Assistants are at the absolute heart of what we do, supporting the nursing staff by providing the majority of frontline care within our Care Homes.
Variety is assured as each of our clients is treated as an individual and many will have differing care and support needs. Job satisfaction is guaranteed as you will be making a positive difference to their overall comfort and wellbeing.
A Care Assistants duties will vary depending on the needs of the individual but can include:
- assisting and enabling
- washing and dressing
- giving food and refreshment
- bed making
- light cleaning and laundry duties
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the client both mentally and physically
- playing a proactive role in the day to day activities of the home
- contributing to record keeping
- assisting senior staff with the administration of medication
At Altogether Care we are always keen to identify and develop talent from within our existing staff team. Many Care Assistants progress to a Senior Care Assistant or Team Leader role. Some go on to become Assistant Practitioners or even Registered Nurses.
Apply online now, or download our interactive application form which can be found on the 'Contact Us' page.
Whilst it is useful for applicants to have had experience in a caring role, what makes a great Care Assistant is a friendly and caring approach and the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds. Patience and a sense of humour are important too!
All new Care Assistants are given industry standard induction training, to include health and safety, manual handling and food hygiene and will be encouraged to undertake professional training, i.e. the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care.
We offer competitive hourly rates, free professional training and a great range of staff benefits! The staff benefit scheme also includes: retail discount vouchers, child care vouchers, discounted holidays and travel insurance, various leisure and restaurant vouchers, a hospital plan and much more.
A variety of hours and shift patterns are available, including early mornings, evenings, nights and weekends. Care Assistants really can enjoy flexibility in their working pattern!
- Be prepared to complete an application for a full DBS disclosure
- Have 2 suitable references (professional and/or educational)
- Be caring and friendly
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a good standard of verbal and written English (or be prepared to further their English skills)
If you want to explore a rewarding career in Care with Altogether Care, please apply online today!