We currently have opportunity for a Night Shift Care Assistant to join our team at Kings Bromley Care Home based in Staffordshire.
Kings Bromley provides residential, nursing, palliative, dementia and physical disability care for older people. We offer expert care and support to people with a wide range of conditions such as Parkinson's disease, stroke, heart and chest related problems, reduced mobility and dementia. We offer a homely, comfortable and caring environment and encourage people to enjoy a range of activities both within the home and further afield.
- Providing daily care support to help maintain and improve, where possible, independence and mobility
- Assist service users to carry out their activities of living e.g., dressing, eating and bathing
- Set the dining room, serve and clear meals to a high standard
- Provide in-between nourishment as instructed, including the service of tea/coffee etc. to visitors
- Assist residents to choose from the daily menu and report any comments on food and requests for particular dishes
- To keep all rooms clean and tidy at all-times ensuring a safe environment
- Ensure service users are treated with privacy, dignity and respect at all times
- Salary £7.20 per hour
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free parking
- Cost of DBS / PVG Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Passion for delivering high quality care
- Able to work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Able to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- QCF or NVQ 2/3 in Care, or another relevant field - desirable
- Ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS / PVG Disclosure which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.