£7.20 per hour + Company Benefits
We currently have an opportunity for a Care Assistant to join the team at our Prince Alfred Care Home based in Liverpool. This is a Full Time position working 33 hours per week on day shifts. The role will be to work on a rota basis over a 7 day period so some weekends will be required.
Prince Alfred Care Home provides residential and physical disability care for older people. We provide a homely atmosphere and we strive to make the experience a comfortable, fulfilling and enriching one for everyone who stays with us.
- Providing daily care support to help maintain and improve, where possible, independence and mobility
- Assist service users to carry out their activities of living e.g., dressing, eating and bathing
- Set the dining room, serve and clear meals to a high standard
- Provide in-between nourishment as instructed, including the service of tea/coffee etc. to visitors
- Assist residents to choose from the daily menu and report any comments on food and requests for particular dishes
- To keep all rooms clean and tidy at all-times ensuring a safe environment
- Ensure service users are treated with privacy, dignity and respect at all times
- 28 days annual leave inc BH*
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Previous experience within a care / nursing home setting
- QCF / NVQ Level 2/3 in Care or equivalent
- Able to work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Able to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- Ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.