CARE ASSISTANTS - HAMPSHIRE - GU34
£8.20 - £9.50 PER HOUR
FULL AND PART TIME HOURS AVAILABLE - IMMEDIATE STARTS
I am looking to recruit several Care Assistants for a specialist residential and nursing home supporting 80 people based in the Alton area.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Provide personal care to residents that is person centred and respects individual choices. Providing additional care and support as required when a resident is unwell or towards end of life.
* Act as Key Worker to a number of residents, Using personal knowledge and experience of working with those individuals to support the nursing team in writing and reviewing care plans.
* Provide support and advice to resident's family and friends, keeping them informed at an appropriate level with due regard to the constraints of confidentiality.
* Work with the Activities Coordinator to identify and deliver group and one-to-one activities that engage and entertain the resident
* Liaise with other agencies as required in the interests of the resident, for example GP, Social Services, Occupational Therapist, etc.
* Facilitate communication between the resident and other departments, for example the Catering Team to request a favourite meal or the Housekeeping Team to inform of resident's preferences in respect of laundry.
In return you will receive:
* 28 days holiday, increasing to 30 after five years service
* Full training including the opportunity to undertake NVQ/QCF
* Free uniform
* Free DBS check
* Paid breaks
* Free meals whilst on duty
Experience is not absolutely essential as long as you have the right attitude to be a Care Assistant, including dedication, resolve, resilience, personal approach.
If you are interested in this position, please call Abby in the Crawley branch of click apply to send your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.