RESPONSIBLE TO: MANAGER/MANAGERS ASSISTANT
OVERALL: Under the general supervision of the Manager to
provide a personal care service to the homes residents
and to carry out assigned duties involving direct
resident care in support of and supervised by a
Manager/Managers Assistant or Senior Carer.
1.a) Washing, dressing bathing and other personal physical needs of the residents.
b) Attending to the emotional and social needs of the residents, including talking and.
listening and encouraging them to participate in the homes activities programme.
c) Caring for those who are ill, including those who may be terminally ill.
d) Bed making, and general tidying of residents rooms after completion of general
e) Assisting resident with meals, preparing them, delivering them and feeding
residents as required.
f) Responsible for the using appropriate processing of soiled linen, sluicing and
cleaning of commodes.
g) To be actively involved in reviews of residents care.
h) General observation and feedback to Manager/Assistant of any progress or
deterioration in residents physical or emotional condition.
i) Responsible for reporting verbally and in maintenance book any defects in
equipment or service within the home to the Manager/Assistant
2. Effective participation in staff and staff/resident meetings. Ensuring that any ideas
which may improve the quality of life of the residents is brought to the
3. Effective participation in all mandatory training. Participation in any training which
ensures continuing professional development.
4. All duties must be carried out in line with Health and Safety, Fire Safety and the
Safe Moving and Handling of residents guidance.
5. To ensure that knowledge of residents is maintained in the strictest confidence and
is not divulged, except when authorised to another professional, where it would
materially assist with their care or protection.
6. To assist where appropriate with the investigation of complaints.
7. Such other reasonable duties within the post which are conducive to the effective
delivery of a high standard of care.
Brookvale Healthcare require a Care Assistant full time nights or days to include every other weekend for their home in Shawford.
Brackenlea require a motivated and committed individual to join their dedicated team of carers. You will be caring for elderly clients who suffer from Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, mental illness and physical disabilities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding care and support to enable them to be comfortable and safe. As a Care Assistant you will be working within a team of highly qualified and dedicated carers. You will be required to be hands on with all elements of care, including bathing, feeding, washing and dressing. You must have a genuine passion for providing the highest standard of care and have a friendly, approachable manner and be willing to work every other weekend. You will be given a full induction and on completion of this, you will receive the care certificate.
We are looking for Care Assistants who
- Are caring and compassionate and dedicated to providing care of the highest standard.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have an ability to prioritise patients' care needs.
- Have an ability to be able to work on their own initiative and without direct supervision.