Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone's life? If you do... then a career in care could be for you!
My Care My Home is recruiting on behalf of our clients for carers under our chose your own carer/personal assistant service throughout the Northampton area.
We are looking for experienced carers/personal assistants to join our register now!
You will be helping our clients maintain their independence and carry on living at home
Duties could include
- Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing
- Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescription etc. or prompting to take medication
- Support with household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning
- Escort to appointments if needed
Type of person we are looking for
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
- Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
As the role requires working with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Do I need previous experience…?
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
Shaw healthcare has grown from its origin as a registered housing association to one of the UK’s leading healthcare providers largely through partnerships with public agencies responsible for both health and social care.
We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 74% owned by its staff and 26% by its former parent company Shaw healthcare (Homes) Ltd.
Shaw has forged successful partnerships with Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Social Care teams across England and Wales, developing care services and facilities for people with specific needs at the request of care commissioners.
We provide a spectrum of services from comprehensive care packages through to low level support in the community for older people and adults with physical, sensory or mental health support needs.
Shaw now employs over 4,600 people to provide care to over 3,000 individuals in registered care homes, hospitals, supported living arrangements, retirement schemes and domiciliary care settings.
We have links with UK universities to research and develop leading edge care practice and as a learning organisation we are committed to supporting the on-going training and education of all our staff.