POST TITLE: Night Senior Carer
REPORT TO: Home Manager/Deputy Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the Care Team working on the shift.
They will deliver physical, psychological and social care to the frail elderly residents of the home.
Ensure the smooth running of the routines within the home. Full supervision of the Keyworker system; any staff in the induction period; and the recording and maintenance of crucial records relating to residents and procedures.
Other responsibilities will include medication distribution; acting as a point of reference; answering enquiries from visitors and professional bodies associated with the care of the residents.
- Deliver a high level of personal and psychological care to all residents in a professional manner, arranging rotas to meet their care requirements eg medications; toileting; bathing; etc
- Complete records where required to a satisfactory standard. Ensuring the changeover and Keyworker documentation are fully completed within the timeframes agreed.
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty, acting as a motivator and mentor promoting team-working for both care staff and co-worker senior staff.
- Act as an ambassador for the Home in all dealings with visitors and the general public, who call at the home for whatever reason by displaying impeccable professional behaviour and leading by example.
- Ensure the individual rights of residents and staff are safeguarded in accordance with the Home’s philosophy of care and in the wider care sector by being aware of the working practices and activities being actioned.
- Provide an efficient telephone and enquiry service to the general public and relatives, by listening to what is required and when necessary seeking the answers and calling the person back.
- Accept responsibility for a specialist area (to be agreed) to be controlled and managed by you for the benefit of the Management/Senior Carer Team.
- Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
- Work individually and within the team to provide the necessary back up for all staff, to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Home and in consideration of its residents.
- Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
- Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any additional duties as requested.
- To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
- To ensure excellent leadership and supervision of staff to ensure they are engaged and supervised at all times.
- To review on a regular basis the job description for your post and to agree any changes.
Policies and Procedures
- To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job and its responsibilities.
Gold Care Homes is a company which consistently and positively celebrates differences that we have as people. This Home, in its policy and training, describes what we can expect of each other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.
Be accountable to the Manager for all areas of your duties and responsibilities. This accountability will be expressed through:
- Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings with the Manager and other members of the team.
- An annual appraisal meeting at which personal targets will be set and monitored.
Tasks and responsibilities within your area of capability may vary occasionally depending upon the needs of the business. You may be asked to undertake a variation of your normal routine to meet these needs. Your enthusiasm and flexibility will be appreciated. Reporting Manager