We are looking to recruit a full-time Catering/Kitchen Assistant to carry out duties to ensure the Catering premises and equipment are kept clean and hygienic at all times, as per the hospital cleaning schedules. The successful applicant will also provide general assistance in the preparation service and transportation of food for patients and staff and will be expected to adhere to all departmental and hospital codes of practice for health, hygiene and safety.
- To assist the chef in preparation, cooking, presentation and service of food.
- Preparation of food and beverage items.
- Service of food and beverages to staff and visitors.
- Transportation of food and beverages between service points.
- Re-stocking of storage areas or equipment as required.
- General cleaning of premises and equipment, including daily cleaning schedules and recording of such duties.
- To carry out any other duties as delegated by the Chef in Charge or Hospitality Manager or Deputy.
- Following all departmental and hospital codes of practice for Health, Hygiene and Safety.
- To ensure the kitchen, restaurant, and associated areas are clean and tidy and pest free.
Working hours: 37.5 per week
Essential experience and training required:
- To comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Basic Certificate of Food Hygiene. (All catering staff must obtain the certificate within three months of appointment, followed by an annual refresher course which will ensure adequate on the job training and instruction of food hygiene is given to all staff in the department.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.