Sunrise Senior Living provide a unique dining experience for the residents in our home. In a restaurant style environment our seniors are able to enjoy a three course meal and socialise with fellow residents and invite their families along too. Sunrise has recently been awarded the Healthcare Caterer of the Year
in the 2015 Catey Awards.
The Sunrise kitchen is led by the Dining Services Coordinator and run with the help of the Chefs and Catering Assistants. As a Sunrise Chef
, you will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, cleanliness of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance. As a key member of the dining services team, you will ensure all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed. You will also work alongside the activites team to cater for special events taking place within the home.
This job role is for a 37.5 hours per week.
- Chef/cook experience
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good judgement, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Food handling course qualification
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Effective time keeping and time management
Sunrise is an award-winning provider of high quality residential and dementia care. From the moment you step into our beautiful grounds you know you are somewhere special. We have 27 locations across the UK and continue to expand and grow our proposition.
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our residents' lives. Our resident-centered approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK
Salary £9.50 per hour
Provide Excellent Service - Embrace Diversity - Celebrate the Achievements of Others - Encourage Team Spirit - Assume Best Intentions - Show Respect to All
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Bank Holidays - Double time payment for approved hours worked
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension - Employer contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Life Insurance
- 'Your Choices 'staff discount scheme with a wide range of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Share Scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Heart & Soul company recognition award
- Support & development and a great environment to work in
- A strong team ethos - Every Sunrise team member is trained to understand the value of the Sunrise Senior Living mission, our Principles of Service and our Core Values, and to use them to guide interactions with residents and team members on a daily basis: