- Company: Barker Ross Health and Social Care
- Base Pay: £30,000 - £31,000 /Year
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Reference ID: manaDerb
Our Client in Derbyshire have currently opened up their first EBD home for Young People aged 8 - 18. They are now looking for a Home manager.
Main Purpose Of Post
The Registered Manager is accountable for delivering high quality care to the children and young people resident within the home. This means that they are responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all day to day management matters
The Registered Manager is responsible for delivering childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home. Consequently, they are expected to demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
Level Of Post
The Registered Manager is a vitally important role within Our client services. They will be accountable to the Operations Manager, who in turn reports to the Managing Director of your particular division.
* Provide leadership and coaching in childcare practice within the home to ensure best outcomes for children and young people.
* Mentor and support the Assistant Manager and/or Senior Residential Childcare Workers in provision of best possible childcare practices.
* Ensure the Seniors and Residential Childcare staff are focussed on providing the best childcare for the children and young people.
* Ensure full participation and co-operation with our client's comprehensive and integrated Quality Assurance systems, including taking responsibility for all duties associated with regulatory compliance. This includes the annual inspection process.
* Manage the home within the agreed budget, taking full responsibility for all incidental costs as well as direct costs such as repairs to the property and appliances, new fridges and TV's, staff costs, food, heating, agency costs etc.
* Effectively manage the homes devolved budget and ensure full financial compliance with year end reporting.
* This must, as a minimum, meet with Children's Homes Regulations and National Minimum Standards.
* Supervise and support the staff group ensuring that the team are developed appropriately to meet the specific needs of children and young people in the home.
* With the Assistant Manager and/or Seniors, ensure that staff supervision continues to support both childcare delivery and staff development.
* Develop individual staff training programmes in line with company plans and needs and supervise/provide observations for staff through their NVQ Level 3 Award (Health and Social Care - Children and Young People).
* Complete probationary and annual performance appraisals for all staff to ensure that they are able to continue to provide appropriate levels of childcare.
* The post is subject to a six month probationary period.
* Annual leave is 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays initially, with additional days following years of service.
* Pension - We will observe our obligations under auto enrolment.
* A mobile phone is available.
* Mileage at an agreed rate is payable for business purposes
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.