Base Pay : N/A
Other Pay : Negotiable
Location : UK-Ilkeston
Site or Unit :
Haddon House Care HomeAddress :
38 Lord Haddon Road Ilkeston Derbyshire DE7 8AWContracted Weekly Hours : 44
Haddon House is a 30 bed nursing dementia specialist home in the heart of the Derbyshire town of Illkeston. The Home provides 24 hour nursing care, in a modern, relaxed homely environment. Our residents can relax in the quite sensory lounge or enjoy the community feel of the TV and activities centre. Our dedicated and skilled team offer all aspect of care promoting health, dignity and personal well being at all times.
As a Clinical Lead Nurse you have responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
So as a clinical lead nurse, what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the home and unit – liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
- Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
In order to achieve this, our clinical lead nurse should have:
A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver. A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference. Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent industry knowledge. Show leadership qualities and be willing to take ownership for the deliver of quality care. Our clinical lead nurse must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK. They must also have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a relevant field.
Our clinical lead nurse will be critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives great opportunities to broaden your skill and knowledge base with exciting opportunities to progress into management.
Come and join our team and help deliver special resident experiences everywhere.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
As a qualified nurse you can enjoy up to
£1,250 in your first year as a welcome bonus.
- subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.