BMI St Edmunds in Bru St Edmunds is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy Department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy – postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy (hospital) preferred;
- Must be registered on the General Pharmaceutical Council register;
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice;
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements;
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively;
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting (preferred);
- Good organisational and planning skills - able to plan and organise straightforward tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock;
- Attention to detail – ensure accurate recording of data, including patient drug history
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within a BMI hospital
- To support the pharmacy department to delivery an excellent medicine management service to all customers
- To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines
- To supervise junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service
- To facilitate the daily running of the Pharmacy Department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers;
- Ensure accurate and timely charging;
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks;
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s pharmacy team.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.