Clinical Services Manager - North London - £45-55K
My prestigious Hospital client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Services Manager to join their North London team. Being 1 of 30 dedicated hospitals this North London Hospital will offer the successful Clinical Services Manager an excellent working environment in which you will work closely with the Hospital Director in the overall running of the hospital.
As well as leading the team, the Clinical Services Manager will be required where possible to participate within the team as required, both within the theatre in providing scrub assistance in clinical/operative procedures or within the pre/post-op areas, consenting and discharging patients. This is a highly diverse role which will require a committed and motivated approach.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Clinical Services Manager
- Promote a cost effective, patient focused quality service for the continuing success of the Hospital.
- Lead and implement the hospital’s clinical strategy and provide support and input to the hospital’s overall business strategy, consistent with corporate direction.
- Deputise for the Hospital Director in their absence.
- Set and maintain clinical practice standards within the hospitals Governance and Regulatory framework
- Develop and share evidence based clinical practice.
- Develop own knowledge and practice and facilitate continual professional development amongst others.
- Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
- Develop strategies and policies for service improvement in collaboration with Hospital Director and Patient Services Manager.
- To maintain an out of hours clinical emergency service for quality standards and continuity of care.
- To manage the clinical environment and co-ordinate the safe delivery of care, providing hands on clinical care to patients as and when required.
- Promote and influence a culture that actively supports safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children.
- Act as Lead Nurse for safeguarding.
- Act as the Lead Nurse for Infection Prevention and Control for the hospital (DIPC).
Qualifications & Skills of the Clinical Services Manager
- Registered Nurse (NMC) with scrub skills
- Teaching Qualification eg 998 or mentorship
- Minimum Band 8a Nursing level
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Ophthalmic Experience is highly desirable along with a Laser Safety Certificate
- As Clinical Services Manager you will have the ability to work under pressure and manage your own workload
- You will have the ability to lead and manage a multi-skilled team
- Evidence of audit and change in practice to reflect evidence based practice
- You will have strong IT skills i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- You will have significant management experience in a hospital or ward
- As Clinical Services Manager you will ideally have experience of working in ophthalmic theatres, preferably also with A&E and Outpatient department experience
- You will have excellent understanding of CQC regulations and National Minimum Standards. Experience of making CQC submissions for new hospitals and/or CQC inspections preferred
If you are an experienced Clinical Manager seeking an exciting new role, if you have the ability to demonstrate a proactive and optimistic attitude and can build excellent working relationships with staff with the ability to remain assertive when required then do not hesitate and apply immediately by sending your CV or contact Lois on 0121 667 1273 for immediate consideration.