BMI Kings Park Hospital in Stirling is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
An exciting opportunity is available for a full time, permanent Clinical Services Manager in Theatres at BMI King’s Park Hospital.
The hospital provides a wide range of surgical procedures including Orthopaedic, Ophthalmology, ENT, General, Neurospinal and Cosmetic Surgery as well as a range of Medical Outpatient Specialties. Free parking is available on site and the nearest train station is only 1.5 miles away.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is ready to take on their first leadership post or who already has experience within a leadership role.
The post will give the candidate the opportunity to work and develop in a supportive, collaborate environment alongside the Senior Leadership Team within the Hospital, while maintaining a strong clinical practice base.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
- Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team (clinical and admin) and admissions team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
The ideal candidate will be a theatre practitioner (RGN or ODP) who is multi skilled although consideration will be given to candidates who are skilled in scrub or anaesthetics.
Salary & Benefits:
An attractive salary is available in addition to an extensive clinical and managerial development programme and BMI also offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date. If you require any further information informal enquiries can be made to Agnes Sloey, Executive Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01786451669.