About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are excited to offer an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Specialist to join our Occupational Therapy department based at our facility in St Johns Wood, NW8 9LE. The OT department is a highly valued specialist clinical support service operating across the hospital, working as part of the multi-disciplinary specialty teams providing inpatient services to the Neurological Rehabilitation Unit, as well as to acute adult patients across the hospital, including the Intensive Care Units.
As a Clinical Specialist, you will provide high quality Occupational Therapy Services to patients in outpatient and inpatient (Rehabilitation / Acute) settings. You will act as specialist clinician and work closely with the Lead Occupational Therapist and AHP Manager to establish and promote the delivery of high quality treatment, including implementing quality initiatives and quality assurance methods.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). The projected salary range is £43,801 - £49,901 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To support the Lead Therapist and aid in the development of staffs and the activities within Rehabilitation and Acute Occupational Therapy clinical services areas.
* To develop professional and clinical links with consultants in particular in neurology.
* Using expert clinical reasoning to provide specialist intervention, support and advice regarding safety, clinical governance, and the strategic direction of the service in conjunction with the Lead Therapist.
* To supervise treatment by less experienced (Band 6 / 7) Therapists within the department.
* To identify individual training needs with the Lead OT and AHP Manager in order to ensure that high levels of professional and clinical skills are maintained.
Skills & Experience
* Registered member of BAOT / HCPC registration.
* Experience working within in-patient and out-patient settings.
* Highly specialist experience in neurology field including Stroke and Head Injury Management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate as appropriate.
* Forward thinking in your approach in order to deliver improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care.