Provide is a Community Interest Company (social enterprise). We deliver a broad range of health and social care services in the community, and are committed to making sure that they are safe, responsive and of high quality.
It is not only individuals who benefit from our work, the whole community benefits too. Provide is owned by its employees and has primarily social objectives. Any profits we make are reinvested into the local community or back into delivering services. They do not go to shareholders or owners. Since 2012, Provide has reinvested more than £280,000 to the local community.
Provide is a highly respected, award winning health and social care provider. Last year we won five national clinical and business awards.
We work from a variety of community settings, such as three community hospitals, community clinics, schools, nursing homes and primary care settings, as well as within peoples’ homes to provide over 50 services to children, families and adults.
We provide services across Essex and in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire, as well as the two London boroughs of Waltham Forest and Redbridge. We have an income of approximately £54 million, employ over 1,100 people and serve communities with a total population of more than 19 million people.
Provide was formerly the Provider arm of NHS Mid Essex, but became a Community Interest Company with effect from 1st April 2011.
This is an exciting time in children's public health services. There are many opportunities for forward thinking professionals who embrace change and want to deliver first class services to our children and their families.
The successful applicant will meet the following essential criteria:
Diploma in relevant subject area. or
Public Health Foundation degree
or NNEB.Diploma in Childcare and Education (DCE) awarded by CACHE
Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Early Years or
NVQ Level 3 in Early Years and Education AND demonstrate additional training to diploma level equivalent
In additon they will have
* Care Certificate
* Experience of working with parents and children in a variety of settings
* Knowledge of behaviour change methods
* An understanding and knowledge of the main health issues affecting the local population
* Experience of working with individuals on a one to one basis in a health/social care setting
* Knowledge of the impact of barriers to health improvement
* Experience of working with groups
* Well organised and ability to prioritise workload
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Works to evidence based practice
* Car owner/driver or ability to travel independently to areas across Mid Essex
Your skills and experience are invaluable to us. In return we offer:
* All correspondence for this post will be by email or text messaging. Please register for text messages on your NHS Jobs account.
* If you wish to contact the HR Recruitment Team, please do this via ( Email address removed )
* If you wish to contact the Recruiting Manager about the vacancy/role, their details are provided in the advert.
To check progress on your application, please log into your NHS Jobs account. We aim to keep you updated on the status of your application as soon as we can. For feedback on your application, please contact the recruiting manager.
Provide reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time or bring forward the closing date should it have an overwhelming response. We therefore encourage an early application to ensure consideration for this post. We are not accepting applications via an employment agency for this vacancy.
Our staff have been trained in 'Anti-Fraud' and will use technology to examine identity/immigration documents.
If you have a disability and need assistance in completing your application or attending interview, please contact a member of the HR Recruitment Team on ( Phone number removed ) or ( Email address removed )
We are committed to equal opportunities, flexible working practices and the Living Wage.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.