At Virgin Care our approach to delivering healthcare services is innovative, refreshing and above all caring. We are committed to putting patient care first and we are looking for dedicated professionals who share our values and our passion for delivering quality care.
We provide and contract for front-line NHS and social care services across England and have treated millions of people since 2006. We aim to make a lasting positive difference to the quality of care people receive. So, if that is what gets you out of bed in the morning, read on.
Community Staff Nurse Band 5 (Bank)
The Community Nurse service is spread across the region of East Staffs we provide care to people in their own homes or at clinics for a range of long term conditions. Our work is crucial to the community as we aim to prevent hospital care for our patients.
Working alongside our District Nurses and Healthcare Assistants the Community Nurse team has a great professional support network which includes regular interaction and team meetings that allows us to grow and develop together. We like to be at the forefront of what we do so we operate in a Total Mobile environment where every clinician has a tablet meaning we’ve done away with paper so we’re fully electronic.
As a Community Bank Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients and conditions both in a housebound and clinical setting. The role will also involve:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed
- Supporting our in-house mentorship training scheme with placement students and staff
- Being an active and participating member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible
The essential qualities we are looking for in our Community Bank Nurse applicants are:
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and also as part of the wider multidisciplinary team
- 1st Level Registration
- Demonstrate ongoing professional development and a commitment to providing high quality, safe and effective care that meets the needs of patients
- Ability to relate to patients and colleagues in a sensitive manner
- Comfortable to operate community equipment e.g. hoist
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to work across a seven day week rota that covers the hours of 830-5pm across the region of East Staffs
- Related degree (desirable)
- Have access and use of own car with ability to work across different locations
As a valued member of the team, we’ll offer you a competitive salary of £21, 692 to £28, 180 per annum including NHS / Group pension, ongoing training and development and good quality working conditions.
Working for Virgin Care comes with additional benefits – these include use of the Virgin tribe card which offers discounts on many products including up to 40% off Virgin trains, discounts on Virgin holidays and a host of other savings. Virgin Care is a vibrant organisation committed to progressive, continuous improvement within a thriving team.
If our Community Bank Nurse role appeals, you have the qualities we are looking for, share our values and feel excited by the prospect of what we can do for your career then we’d love to hear from you.
Virgin Care are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Virgin Care Limited reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
For the purpose of this application, NHS Jobs will share your information with Virgin Care Ltd. Your information will be processed through our recruitment management system, where we will securely store and process your personal information contained within this application form, allowing us to keep you updated on the progress of this enrolment. Virgin Care Ltd. will not process your information for any reason other than your application.
For more information explaining how we use your information please see our full Privacy Notice available in the section ‘Read this before applying’.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.