Position: Community Support Worker
Vacancy: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £7.45 - £8.20 with level 2 or above qualification
Experience : Experience desirable but full training given
Hours: 24 and 36 hours per week, working on a rota basis
Gray Healthcare has developed a dynamic new approach to supporting and managing individuals with mental disorder in their own homes, including those with complex needs and challenging behaviours. We offer highly individualised and tailored care packages for service users who do not need the physical security of an inpatient facility but do require support caring for themselves in their own home.
What we'd like from you:
- Prompting and support with domestic duties
- Support with daily living tasks and social activities
- Working with one or more clients on an ongoing basis.
- Building a strong working relationship with clients, their families and professionals involved to provide exceptional person centred care.
- Building a trusting relationship with your clients.
- Developing goal and outcome based support plans, enabling clients to achieve their full potential.
- Supporting clients with all social and daily living activities and accessing the community.
- Experience of challenging behaviour and paranoid schizophrenia would be advantageous.
- You must be reliable trustworthy and highly committed.
- You will work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team and other care workers.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- In house training and CQF (NVQ) level 2/3 provided
- Busy Bee's childcare vouchers
- 28 days including bank holidays
Job Type: Permanent
- Mental Health: 1 year
- Level 2 Health and social care: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License
If this sounds like the position for you and you really feel you can and want to make a difference then please apply now for an immediate interview.