We are seeking to strengthen and expand our MDT at Chalkdown House by recruiting a new Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist.
**Chalkdown House** is a 20-bed unit residential rehabilitation centre in Swindon, offering intensive neurorehabilitation to adults with acquired brain injuries. The service is well-staffed with a full clinical team and a team of well trained, experienced Rehab Support Workers.
The role requires the applicant to provide strategic professional leadership to the team, ensuring the planning and development of a systematic response to service user need, interpreting professional policies and ensuring that the service operates at the highest level of quality and current best practice, with research and development a major responsibility and taking a major role in the development and implementation of policy for the service system as a whole.
**Specifically, the post-holder will:**
- Ensure the development of a co-ordinated clinical neuropsychology approach rehabilitation
- Carry out training with staff of all disciplines
- Carry a caseload which includes assessment, treatment and acting as clinical lead for patients
- Work closely with and support the highly skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure the development of best practice in psychology within the highly specialised service of neurorehabilitation
- Provide clinical leadership and direction of the multidisciplinary team and support worker staff within Chalkdown House and other related BIRT services in the region.
- Ensure the development of high quality, innovative, and evidence based neuropsychological rehabilitation practice within the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust services in Swindon and to contribute to the development of community based services within the area.
- The opportunity to shape and develop the service to deliver a neuropsychological approach to rehabilitation
- Professional networking within the Disabilities Trust
- A competitive salary
**Full time (35 hour a week ) role.
Closing date 27th November 2016.
Interviews provisionally booked for week beginning the 5th December.**
Please Note this is a vacancy for the Disabilities Trust working in the BIRT section of the Trust
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.