Consultant Psychiatrist – Dundee – Learning Disabilities/ Autism
My Client an independent hospital providing specialist assessment and rehabilitation for men on the autistic spectrum with associated complex needs have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to join their clinical team.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric cover for independent hospitals which provide assessment and intervention for adults with autism, learning disability and behaviours which are perceived as challenging.
The Clinical responsibilities of the Consultant Psychiatrist will mainly entail comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluations in collaboration with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team that include history taking, mental and physical evaluation, and biopsychosocial formulations. These assessments might take place either following initial referrals to the team or in the process of case review or care planning within the team.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Diagnostic and treatment reviews and mental and physical treatment administration
- Preparation of reports for and attendance at Mental Health Tribunal hearings as appropriate. A good knowledge of the Mental Health Act is required
- Physical care in liaison with our attending General Practitioner
- Review of patients in preparation for CPA reviews and chairing of CPA reviews
- Contribution of medical opinion by participating in the regular and exceptional MDT meetings
- Provide clinical leadership to the multi-disciplinary team alongside the team manager
- To work with colleagues to provide effective medical input for the shaping and developing of Learning Disability services within the region
- Contribution to clinical governance and responsibility for setting and maintaining standards
- Commitment to quality improvement
The Consultant Pyschiatrist will have the following skills & qualifications:
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Completed accredited training in learning disability psychiatry
- Registered as a Specialist in Psychiatry on GMC Specialist Register (or are eligible for such inclusion)
- Approved clinician status
- Approved under the section 12 (2) of the Mental Health Act or equivalent
- Wide clinical experience of inpatient learning disability psychiatry
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working
- Able to meet duties under Mental Health and capacity legislation
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Ability to work constructively in multidisciplinary teams and multiagency systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to working with users, carers and voluntary organisations
If you are an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist seeking a challenging new role do not hesitate and contact Lois on 0121 293 1407 for immediate consideration.