Consultant Social Worker | Aberdeen
Consultant Social Worker | Children's Disabilities Team | Aberdeen
Service Care Solutions, in partnership with Aberdeen City Council, are looking for a Consultant Social Worker to lead a group of social work and clinical practitioners, and work directly with children and families, leading case management and working within a systemic framework to provide a comprehensive and effective integrated social work service.
The post is for an initial 12 months full time 37 hours per week. Pay rates are between £25-£28 per hour.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Drive service improvements and maintain best practice throughout the service and practice group whilst being accountable for all work undertaken for children and families allocated to the social work unit
• Demonstrate leadership, management and engagement skills to lead a unit of practitioners to develop strong relationships within the unit, service and organisation
• Have knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic interventions and methodologies, and commitment to use of systemic approaches
• Ensure that good practice and continuous professional development of self and others is maintained in line with policy and procedure, agreed standards and legislation, in line with statutory obligations to ensure continuous improvement
• Lead, guide and direct unit members to ensure work plans are in place and accountability taken by each team member for the cases held
• To manage and be accountable for the Unit budget in line with the agreed financial guidelines.
The post holder needs experience of:
• Legal frameworks and the Local Authority's statutory responsibilities relevant to the service area and to the post
• Childcare legislation, guidance and Child Disabilities procedures
• Child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors
• Significant previous experience of assessing complex situations and providing sound professional advice
• Proven experience of successfully using information management systems and produce good quality data in a variety of formats
• Workload management across a diverse team and prioritisation of often complex, challenging and diverse casework
• Managing a team of social workers
• Current and up to date clean PVG
• SSSC Registration
• Experience working with Children with Disabilities
• Experience managing a team of Social Workers
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including:
• A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated Social Work recruitment team
• Excellent rates of pay
• An extensive range of Social Work vacancies available throughout the UK
• Payroll service twice a week
• Loyalty Bonus scheme including Free TV's, Mobile Phones and more.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!