JOB TITLE: Cook
MAIN PURPOSE: To assist in, and take responsibility for, organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Home Manager/Head Chef
10. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
11. Participate in Staff and resident meetings.
12. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
13. Attend all mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
14. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Home/Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
15. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
16. Promote safe working practice in the Home/Care Centre.
17. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home/Care Centre.
18. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
19. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
20. Ensure the security of the Home/Care Centre is maintained at all times.
21. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
22. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
23. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.