Are you looking for a job where your work makes a difference?
Nugent have opportunities across our sites in Liverpool and the surround area for:
Job Ref: 3616/CEN
We have a variety of hours available to suit including full time, part time and relief work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all activities in the kitchen and adjacent areas. Duties will include the preparation of menu's, portion control and the provision of any special diet, control of hygiene and cleaning of the kitchen and utensils ensuring the safety of equipment within the home.
It is essential that the successful candidate has City and Guilds Certificate in Cookery and Food Hygiene Certificate along with experience of catering for large numbers and specialist diets.
What we offer:
Please Note - This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Applicants will be required to join the DBS update service upon notification of a successful interview. The cost of this will be reimbursed upon commencement of employment.
Person Specification for (position)
Please use these specifications to define you application statement.
All areas assessed through application form, interview and references.
● City & Guilds Certificate in Cookery.
● Food hygiene certificate.
Experience and Knowledge
• To have worked in a large kitchen environment
• Basic cooking skills for an establishment of up to 30 persons
• Ability to deal sensitively with the resident client group
• Ability to cater for specialist diets
• To maintain a close working relationship with other members of the staff team
• To respond flexibly to changing needs
• Interpersonal and relationship abilities.
• Adaptability and flexibility to work demands