We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, highly organised and customer focussed individual to join our expanding Accounts Receivable Team, based at our Head Office in Lichfield.
- Accountable for collecting payments on assigned authority & non authority funder accounts. Daily cash posting, allocation when required and input to computerised accounts system.
- Funder Account Management and regular Account Reconciliations on complex aged debt accounts.
- Proactively call funders early in the cash collection cycle to confirm receipt of invoices and / or identify any disputes preventing payment. Resolving disputes in an efficient and effective manner.
- Reducing aged debt, increase cash collection, timely cash allocation and query resolution within a targeted corporate environment. Targets set at the start of each financial year by the Accounts Receivable Manager & Financial Controller.
- Build good working relationships and trust with external funders, people we support and their families, and Voyage Care support teams.
- Maintain timely and accurate funder account information to support internal & external debt management meetings. Carry out funder visits as required.
- Ensure that both personal and team targets, as set by Accounts Receivable Supervisor are achieved.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Supervisor to compile various reports using in-house reporting systems and Excel. Undertake ad-hoc projects as and when required. Deputise for Accounts Receivable Supervisor when required.
- Work with Accounts Receivable Supervisor, Accounts Receivable Manager and rest of team to identify areas of improvement in all relevant procedures and work flow.
- Undertake training relevant to the needs of the post and according to relevant legislation.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity at Work procedures.
You may also be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your post and/or hours of work, as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any other of the company's establishments.
This is a description of the job as it is at present. The company may periodically review your job description and update it to ensure that it relates to the job as then being performed. It is the company's aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible the company reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description, after consultation with you.
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes (Grade A*- C) incl. Maths and English.
- ICM or AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Credit Controller experience with a track record of success in achieving KPI's in a target driven business.
- Awareness of wider commercial environment and importance of cash collection for the company.
- Deal with high volume workload and have the ability to prioritise changing workloads on a daily basis. Enthusiastic and proactive in taking initiative to get the job done.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and influence all levels of the organisation and negotiate through different mediums.
- Attend funders visits as required to resolve debt issues.
- Able to manage, lead and coach direct report. Conduct appraisal, provide development and support training during the year.
- Competent user of multiple technology systems, applications. Strong Excel skills.
- Polite and confident phone manner.
In return you can expect the following:
- Free on-site parking
- Great office facilities
- Voyage rewards scheme
- Workplace pension
- 23 days annual leave
- Sick pay
- Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers scheme