Spire Cardiff Hospital has an intensive care unit with three beds which treats a wide variety of clinical specialties including cardiac surgery, general surgery and orthopaedic surgery.
The role offers the candidate a varied and challenging environment leading a team of critical care nurses to provide a 24/7 critical care provision for the hospital. Working with the ward team also to ensure the highest standards of care seamlessly across specialties.
We are looking for a dynamic, pro-active and forward thinking individual with the ability to lead the department to the next level. The candidate will possess a strong desire to provide excellence in clinical care and the leadership qualities to inspire the same in others.
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well being needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop knowledge and practice in an area of work.
- Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
- Develop and improve services.
- Improve quality.
- Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
- Maintain and support the use of efficient use of physical and financial resources.
- Undertake Human resource activities for all members of the team.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.