Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting a motivated Qualified Registered General Nurse (RGN), Qualified Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) or a Qualified Registered Learning Difficulties Nurse (RNLD) to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with other support workers to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Qualified Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD):
- Valid NMC Pin is essential and a good working knowledge of CQC standards;
- An effective communicator with the ability to engage with our service users to understand their needs to provide excellent services of care;
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals and families to be customer focused and to continually develop the services we provide;
- Promote ownership of care programmes by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care programmes;
- Fulfil professional and legal responsibilities with respect to the safe storage handling and administration of medicines;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
As a Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) you will be leading a team of care staff on a daily basis, as well as being involved in their development and ensuring that their passion for delivering care is continually developed.
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training to our Qualified Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) via our Learning & Development Academy. The CPD of our nursing team is recognised as extremely important, and plays a vital role to further enhance the care we deliver. Shaw firmly believes that motivated and committed Qualified Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) represent a great strength in delivering the success of the business.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people, including delivering personal care and support of an intimate nature, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Shaw healthcare has grown from its origin as a registered housing association to one of the UK’s leading healthcare providers largely through partnerships with public agencies responsible for both health and social care.
We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 74% owned by its staff and 26% by its former parent company Shaw healthcare (Homes) Ltd.
Shaw has forged successful partnerships with Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) and Social Care teams across England and Wales, developing care services and facilities for people with specific needs at the request of care commissioners.
We provide a spectrum of services from comprehensive care packages through to low level support in the community for older people and adults with physical, sensory or mental health support needs.
Shaw now employs over 4,600 people to provide care to over 3,000 individuals in registered care homes, hospitals, supported living arrangements, retirement schemes and domiciliary care settings.
We have links with UK universities to research and develop leading edge care practice and as a learning organisation we are committed to supporting the on-going training and education of all our staff.