As Care Assistant in our Dementia neighbouhood you will build meaningful relationships with a specified number of residents and their families as you provide assistance with activities of daily living, you will
attend to individual care needs and get to know their unique preferences and personalities.
You will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will help serve food in the dining room, complete dining room clean-up and tidy resident's room. For the Dementia Care Assistant role you will be able to use Dementia Techniques to validate and recognise each individual resident.
Key things about you;
- Experience preferred but not essential -however a caring and compassionate attitude is.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Medication administration training and/or a willingness to undertake training if required
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our residents' lives. Our resident-centered approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK
Care Assistant positions are available in both our Assisted Living and Dementia care Units.BENEFITS
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Bank Holidays - Double time payment for approved hours worked
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension - Employer contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Life Insurance
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Share Scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Heart & Soul company recognition award
- Support & development and a great environment to work in