Deputy Care Home Manager - Nurse
Base Pay : £15.38 /Hour
Other Pay : Competitive
Location : UK-Halifax
Site or Unit :
Pellon Manor Care HomeAddress :
200 Pellon Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 5RDContracted Weekly Hours : 44 Hours
Pellon Lane Care Home is a purpose built 100 bed care home consisting of 3 units: Pellon Manor, a 35 bedded EMI unit, Birkshall Mews, a 30 bedded EMI nursing unit and Brackenbed View, a 35 bedded intermediate care unit. Pellon Lane Care Home is situated close to the centre of Halifax and is well connected to different motorway links. We are also within easy walking distance of Halifax railway station, with a bus stop directly outside the home. Our dedicated team provides quality care for our residents and we work hard to maintain our excellent relationships with local commissioners. At Pellon Lane Care Home we are committed to developing our team through training and supervision to improve the quality of care delivered to our residents, and maintain a healthy working atmosphere amongst the team. Our spacious and refurbished home is close to retail parks and other shops and within easy reach of Halifax town centre. Each unit at Pellon Lane Care Home has two large, attractive lounges with pleasant views over Shroggs Park and countryside beyond.
As the Deputy Home Manager you have responsibility for assisting in the management of a business and a team. As part of the leadership team you will be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
So as a deputy manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our resident's needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the home manager – deputise in the overall management of the care home as required.
- Positively influence the reputation of the home - communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home – managing the implementation of company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Maintain clinical excellence – role models high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
- Support the financial effectiveness of the home – ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Developing your people – oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training development of the team.
- People management – play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
- Support the manager in disciplinary proceeding as required.
In order to achieve this our Deputy Managers should have:
A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver. A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference. Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent clinical and industry knowledge. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential and previous experience as a deputy home manager would be desirable. Applicants must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK.
Deputy Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives a great opportunity to take managerial and leadership responsibilities whilst continuing to deliver clinical care.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
As a qualified nurse you can also enjoy up to £1,250 in your first year as a "Welcome Bonus".
- subject to terms and conditions