Base Pay : £8.93 - £14.57 /Hour
Other Pay : Competitive
Location : UK-Yatton
Site or Unit :
Yatton Hall Care HomeAddress :
High Street Yatton North Somerset BS49 4DWContracted Weekly Hours : 42 (6hrs supernumery)
Yatton Hall Care Home is a 46 bed home for both older nursing and young physically disabled care situated in Yatton, Somerset. We have a team of trained nurses and care assistants providing personalised individual care to meet a range of needs. We cater for the young physically disabled, as well as for the older person, either on a respite period or longer term.We're located on Yatton High Street, close to the village shops and facilities, with easy access to the station for a 20-minute train ride to Weston-super-Mare.
As the Deputy Home Manager you have responsibility for assisting in the management of a business and a team. As part of the leadership team you will be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
So as a Deputy Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the home manager – deputise in the overall management of the care home as required.
- Positively influence the reputation of the home – communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home – managing the implementation of company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Maintain clinical excellence – role models high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
- Support the financial effectiveness of the home – ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Developing your people – oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training development of the team.
- People management – play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
- Support the manager in disciplinary proceeding as required.
In order to achieve this our Deputy Managers should have:
A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver. A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference. Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent clinical and industry knowledge. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential and previous experience as a deputy home manager would be desirable. Deputy Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives a great opportunity to take managerial and leadership responsibilities whilst continuing to deliver clinical care.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.