Responsible for management and co-ordination of all aspects of clinical and non-clinical work within the department to a high standard of care and safety in accordance with company philosophy, objectives, policies and legal requirements. Deputise for the Theatre Manager in his/her absence as required.
Reporting to the Day Surgery Manager you will undertake the following duties;
• To be able to manage own workload along with that of others, by ensuring appropriate delegation to optimise their skills and capabilities.
• To be proficient and up to date with theatre procedures, leading to an improvement in patient care developed through the use of evidence based practice.
• Ensure all equipment and resources are available to perform procedures according to the individual needs of the patient.
• Participate as a specialist practitioner in surgical procedures, carrying out safety checks in accordance with local standard operating practices and company policies.
• Attend study days / courses relevant to grade and needs as identified on Personal Development Review and subsequent reviews.
To be successful in this role you will have;
• Ability to work independently and to lead a team
• Excellent organisational and management skills
• Ability to handle multi faceted problems in a busy, fast moving environment
Ability to show competency and demonstrate experience at Senior Practitioner Level
• Knowledge of developing new ways of working
• Registered Nurse level 1 or Registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Facilitating learning and Assessing in Clinical Practice or recognised teaching/assessing certificate
• Advance scrub practitioner
• Recognised post-registration specialist theatre course or equivalent
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
Our facilities are modern, employing the latest technology and friendly, professional staff. We have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, we’re passionate about giving our patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.
For more information about Will Adams NHS Treatment Centre please visit http://www.willadamstreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.