£23,877 - £24,841 per annum
Our Client is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people. Their services include supported living, domiciliary care, housing & care (extra care) schemes, care homes, day services and respite/short breaks.
Deputy Manager – Role Overview and Responsibilities
To assist the Manager with the operational management of the scheme, in accordance with Heritage Care’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation, taking responsibility for specific activities including the management of staff. To provide administrative support for the branch. The postholder will deputise for the Manager when required.
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Working in a care and support setting
- Supporting individuals to achieve what they want in life
- Leading a team and working on own initiative
- Carrying out supervisions and appraisals
- Staff recruitment, selection and induction
- High level of IT literacy, including keyboard skills and using email, the internet and basic computer packages
- To work flexibly around the needs of the individuals, on a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year rota.
- A person-centred approach
- An understanding of PCPs and person-centred tools
- An understanding of community networking
- An understanding of the needs of families
- An awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and supporting people with diverse needs
- Literacy skills (for report writing), verbal skills (for communication) and numeracy skills (for budgeting).
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues within the work place.
- Knowledge of CQC Fundamental Standards
- Experience of providing extra care
- Be prepared to work towards any relevant qualification
- Disclosure Level - Enhanced
- Level 5 Leadership Diploma in Health and Social Care level 4
- Supervisory qualification
- Dealing with disciplinary, incapability, sickness absence and grievance
The Next Step & How to Apply...
To join their team, the next step is to apply online now. As a stable employer, with excellent training and career opportunities, and a fantastic work environment, this will probably be the best move you ever make.
You will need to submit a CV via the apply button below, and then you will be sent via email the direct links to the application process, where you will need to fill in the online application form.
Please note that your CV will not be seen directly by the hiring manager so you will need to complete the application form in full, in order to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: 21ST September 2016
Interview Date: 22nd September 2016